Please Join Us!!
The NKCN Drop-in Center welcomes everyone! Join NAMI Kane County North as we host a peer-support group and various activities at Ecker Center located in Elgin, Illinois. We want you to enjoy your afternoon and the company of others in the community.
This is a free event and open to the public on Tuesdays and Fridays between 1:00pm and 2:00pm.
Due to the Covid 19 restrictions we require guests to wear a mask, respect social distancing, and no more than 10 guests are allowed at a time.
Here are the additional guidelines:
• Register the day before by calling the NKCN office at (847) 410-9719. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• We will not be serving food and drinks, but you may bring your own water bottles.
• We will play safe group games, such as BINGO.
• Laurie and Alexis will continue to facilitate.
While this is not ideal, everyone’s good health is the main concern. Just being together is a great way to lift each other spirits!
If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions, please contact us at 847-410-9719
Drop-In Center Principles of Support
- We reject stigma and do not tolerate discrimination
- We respect other people’s boundaries
- We aim for better coping skills
- We find strength in shared experiences
- We embrace appropriate humor as healthy
- We do not judge anyone else’s pain
- We offer the same courtesies that we expect in return